Tips to Extend Battery Lifespan and Performance
To keep you and your Amigo on the go, batteries in good working condition are critical. The following will help you understand battery lifespan better and how to extend it.
At Amigo, we test batteries weekly in our on-site lab. Something we’ve been doing for more than a decade. This helps us stay innovative and up to date on new battery technology.
Battery Lifespan Factors
- Charging Habits: Charge your battery as often as possible. This helps avoid a deep discharge being needed.
- Temperature: Batteries operate best at room temperature. Anything outside of 0°F – 100°F can cause damage.
- Battery Type:
Battery Charging Tips
- If you are having problems charging or notice the batteries getting hot, it may be time for new ones. Plan to replace your batteries every 12-18 months without proper charging habits.
- Your batteries may take up to eight hours to reach full charge depending on discharge. Improve their performance with better charging habits:
- Charge the batteries whenever your Amigo is not in use. This will reduce the charging time because batteries will not need to be charged as deeply.
- Amigo batteries are smart chargers. Extended charging will not damage them if in good working condition. They will stop charging once reaching a full charge.
If you have questions about battery replacement, contact our service team at 1-800-248-9131.