Posted on Monday July 20, 2020
Keeping a routine of maintenance will help you get years of dependable operation out of your Amigo and keep you moving. Minimum maintenance will help prevent unnecessary repairs. The following Amigo maintenance schedule is recommended by our service team.
Our YouTube channel also has an instructions playlist for repairs you can do at home.
Amigo Maintenance Schedule:
- Charge batteries when your Amigo is not in use until fully charged to ensure proper battery operation. Extended charging is good for the batteries and will not overcharge them.
- Keep your Amigo away from excessive moisture.
- Clean upholstery, place and metal with a mild surface cleaner.
- Inspect batteries for any cracks or damage.
- Check and tighten exposed fasteners.
- Make sure all fasteners are tight on all battery connections.
- Check tire pressure on pneumatic tires. Refer to the manufacturer’s specifications located on the face of the tire when filling tires. Note – Uneven tire pressure can cause excessive battery consumption and overheating, this can lead to failure of your Amigo.
- Check the static ground wire located under your Amigo. The wire must be in contact with the floor when operating. Replace if missing or damaged.
- Check that the brake lever easily moves back and forth.
- If the rubber boot on the arm rest joint is missing, replace immediately.
- Check and clean the battery terminals and wire connections as needed with a light piece of emery cloth or brush. Use 0.5 cup of baking soda mixed with 1.0 – 1.5 cups of water.
- Check all screws and clips holding wheels for tightness and wear.
- Check all electrical connections for clean, tight contact.
- Inspect the charging station for tight connection.
- Check tires for wear.
- Inspect seat posts for wear.
- Lubricate seat bearings on upper seat post.
- Bring your Amigo into an authorized service center for a full inspection.
- Grease axle and wheel hubs.
- Lubricate steering column bearings.
Again, keeping a routine Amigo Maintenance Schedule will keep your Amigo dependable for years to come. Use our website chat feature to talk to one of our service reps, fill out our form, or call 989-777-0910 with any questions you may have.